Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pills

When I got back to my apartment I shoved everything on my desk (so I'm definitely not a neat freak) to the sides and set the two little white pills on the center of my desk, shut the bedroom door, and sat down propping my face up with my hands staring at them.  And that's how Sarah found me forty-five minutes later.  I was lost in my own thoughts and possibly in shock, jumping to the worst possible conclusions.

Sarah flung the bedroom door open and I jumped as she said, "What are you doing?"

I slowly looked up at her.

She rushed over.  The look on my face must have been of severe disappointment and confusion.  "What is wrong?"

I didn't say anything.  I didn't know what to say.  I just looked from Sarah down to the two pills.  "Are you thinking about killing yourself?"  She whisper-yelled at me.  "Over Luke?  He's not worth it!"

I shook my head then, snapping myself out of my stupor.  "What?  No.  Good grief, no.  Why would..."  I looked down at the pills then, again, and laughed.  "Oh my gosh, Sarah.  No, I'm not going to take this pills."

She leaned down close to my desk, peering closely at them.  "Then what's with your mood?  And what are those pills?"

"I don't know."  I shrugged my shoulders.  "I found them at Luke's."

"At Luke's?  Where was he?"

"He wasn't there."

"Why were you there?"

"I was going to confront him."

"Where was he?"

"Let me just tell you everything."  I then recapped everything that had happened. 

When I finished with shoving the two pills in my pocket and leaving, Sarah clapped her hands together and started rubbing them together.  "Looks like we got ourselves a mystery!"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, Scooby."

"You can be my Shaggy if you want," she said winking at me.

"Anyway..."

"Right, so what are you going to do next?"

"I don't know.  I was feeling all brave and my adrenaline was pumping, so I figured this would be easy.  But, honestly, I don't know what to do.  Do I go to the police?"

"What if it's a legitimate prescription?"

"I know."  I sighed, defeated.  "That's the problem.  Should I just confront him?"

Before she could answer me, we heard our main door opening.  Sarah went out and came back in, telling me it was Elena.  She asked if I wanted her to shut the bedroom door.  I told her no, to send Elena in, so I could ask her.  Elena came in and I explained everything to her, including telling her about the night that I didn't remember anything, as I didn't think I had told her.  She sat taking it all in, nodding her head at the appropriate moments.

Elena quickly said, "Well, I could be wrong, but I believe that in the United States, all legal prescription and over the counter drugs have to have some sort of i.d. or imprint on them.  If they don't that makes them a vitamin or herbal or something like that.  Or illegal.  So does it have some sort of imprinting on it?"

I sat up, excited that I had some sort of step to take.  I grabbed one of the pills and Sarah grabbed the other and we both started scouring it, trying to find any sort of code.  There wasn't one. "No.  There isn't."

Sarah said, "Wait.  It looks like there's something filed down."  She leaned even closer to the pill she had, squinting at it.

I rubbed my fingers over the pill I had, unable to determine if there used to be something there, or not.  Sarah said, "It looks like a number one that's circled."

My lip started quivering and I looked at both of the girls and asked what I didn't want an answer to, "Was..." I paused, "was I drugged?"

Sarah and Elena exchanged a glance.  Elena said, shaking her head, "I don't know, Aleah."

19 comments:

  1. Now we are getting somewhere! I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so confused! what does the circled 1 mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be Rohypnol ... or date rape drug.

      Delete
    2. We will all find out soon enough!!

      Delete
  3. Roofies do have the circled ones on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! Interesting twist.. !

    http://tragedytwentysomething.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm disappointed you aren't responding to comments no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the lack of response.. but I'm back now, and will be responding again :)

      Delete
  6. I would take them to a pharmacy and see if they could be identified. mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be a good option. I don't know if Aleah will think about that, though.

      Delete
  7. Just started reading yesterday!!!already ran out of posts lol. I haven't gotten much done in the last twenty four hours. I don't like Luke. I'min love wwith Zach lol. Where'd Derek disappear to. I don't believe he hasn't burst in yet.. and what happened to her tennis buddy? Jason? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks for reading! I'm so glad you're loving it :) I don't like Luke, either. But we'll see.. he may not be as bad as he seems. Zach is amazing!! haha.

      We may learn more about Derek at some point, but maybe not. To be honest, I haven't decided yet if I'll bring him back anymore.

      I'm thinking by Jason you mean James? Or Joe? Yikes, I guess I have similar J tennis names! haha. They will both play more significant roles in time :)

      Delete
  8. Definitely want to know more about Jason too! I immediately googled drugs with the circled one. Could only come with roofies but I guess there could be others, great research you put into this post! Hope you are doing well. We miss your blog desperately but want you to take care of yourself and your loved ones first! We will be here whenever you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am back, so I hope you enjoy where the story is heading. And also, thanks for your patience.

      Delete