Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Posting Ramblings

So I was going to put a new post up tonight, and I apologize in advance for letting you all down.

I received some sweet, encouraging messages on my post last night, and it kind of gave me the push to ditch my schedule.  Only momentarily.

I don't dish a ton of details on here about my up-to-date personal life, but I'm going to share a little bit, because it might explain why I'm losing the schedule for a bit.  (Don't worry, I'll try to bring one back, but it's going to be a few weeks to a couple of months.)  And no, this doesn't mean I'm going on hiatus, because I'm not.  I will still be posting, just not on a consistent schedule.  And I'm going to try to get 2 posts out a week.  However, don't expect one until next week, probably on Tuesday (8/19).  Maybe I'll surprise you guys and put one up sometime this weekend, but please don't expect it, because I don't want to disappoint.

So anyway, here goes:

I work for child protective services in one of these great states.  And I found very very recently that I'm going to be moving to a different location (which I wanted in order to be closer to family).  Anyhow, due to the time consumption (and often times mentally/emotionally draining-ness) of my work on any normal day, now I have a deadline that I need to have investigations done, in order to move.  So, I've been working late, and often times on my weekends or after hours.  So I've been exhausted.  But, good news/bad news:  GN I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow.. BN I'm not taking my laptop so I won't be writing.

Basically, what I'm trying to explain is that I'm going to be swamped with work, moving, and traveling.  Because I failed to mention that in the process of this move, I will be temporarily staying with family in the new place until SO finds a new job where we are moving to.  So every weekend I will be traveling with our baby back to where we currently reside to see him and all of our fur family.  And this will happen for several weeks to a couple of months.  Which is why I'm not giving any sort of guarantee, promise, or timeline for a future posting schedule, or how many posts a week.  Ok, one promise.  I solemnly promise to post at least once a week so you all know I haven't forgotten to continue my story because I do love writing.

Thanks for understanding, and also for reading the small glimpse into my current life.

<3 Aleah

12 comments:

  1. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterAugust 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM

    Hey, good luck on the move and job change! Most of us know how stressful those can be. We'll look for you when we see you and if there's anything we can help with, sing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris! You're so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Aleah - thats alot of change in a short time, so its completely understandable that you may not be able to post as much. Don't worry, and thank you for sharing. My job is in a similar area - law and child services and its a very sad and stressful area to work in. I know the investigations can be emotionally draining, so I am even more grateful that you share your creative outlet with us. Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sad. I'm glad you can kind of relate to what I see (I mean, I'm not glad you can relate, because no one should be subjected to what we see... but you know what I mean!).

      And thank you :) My vacation was so relaxing and amazing!

      Delete
  3. I don't work with people as much as computer programs, but it must be a really tough type of job, and coupled with the move, time will tend to warp into nothingness and you will have less time for us! No worries, and thanks for letting us know and sharing a little about your life :)

    Sandy
    www.poetsandheartbreakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem :) I like to keep my blog "friends" up to date!!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog. We have enough schedules in life. I just check every day or other day for new post. I work for CPS as well not an easy job. I do understand how stressful it is. I wish you the best of luck with the positive changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, Julie! I'm glad you're enjoying reading :)

      Delete
  5. All the best as you enter this new phase. Enjoy your vacation.. May you settle soon, you and your family. No pressure on the blog.. Take your time. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely enjoyed my vacation. It was just what I needed.

      Delete
  6. I understand. I work for the state in foster care so I know firsthand that your schedule isn't always your schedule. Good luck with everything and enjoy your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, then you understand perfectly!

      Thank you so much! And I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

      Delete