Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Year

A year.

It had been a whole year since "the incident," as I now referred to it.  So much, almost too much, had happened.

I smiled widely at Aaron as he came out of the bathroom, rolling his eyes at me.  Behind his eye roll, though, was a mischievous smile.  He did a twirl in his Aladdin costume.

I nodded approvingly.  He looked so much sexier than he should have in the baggy flowing pants.  It definitely helped that his abs were rippling beneath the open purple vest.

I was propped up on the bed checking him out.  He quickly leaped over on top of me, pinning my wrists above my head.  I giggled, and then sighed, as he lightly dragged his tongue along my jaw.  "Mrs. Janakowski," he murmured lightly into my ear.  "I love you."

I turned my head, smiling against his cheek.  "And I love you, husband."

We definitely were soaking in the newlywed bliss.  Contrary to what all of my friends and family had expected, and what we had originally planned, Aaron and I had decided to have a destination wedding with minimal family and friends present.  Two weeks ago - 10/14.  We had just gotten back from the Maldives, our honeymoon, a few days prior, and were set to go to Sarah and Justin's new house they had just purchased for their "First Annual Halloween Bash."  And I had already confirmed with Sarah that Zach was NOT invited.

As we drove into the city to their house, my mind wandered back to almost a year ago.  I had ended up telling Aaron what happened with Zach.  It had been ugly.  Lots of fighting, tears, almost the end.  But, when it came down to it, neither of us could imagine life without the other.  We had been in couples therapy for about 9 months, and our relationship was thriving.  A couple of months into therapy, we ran into Zach.  Zach apologized.  Aaron forgave him, and then punched him in the face one time, and walked away.  Of course Zach didn't press charges.  Based on the look on his face, Zach knew he deserved it.  We hadn't spoken since.

"Well, don't you two just take the Sexiest People at the Party award!" Sarah squealed when we walked up.  I threw my arm around her waist and tossed my phone to Aaron, asking him to take our pic.  Just walked up, saying hi.  They were dressed as the game Operation, with Sarah in a skin tight nude leotard with the "openings" hot glued on it, and Justin was dressed as a surgeon.

Sarah then linked her arm through mine, and wanted to see all the pictures on my phone from Aaron's and my honeymoon.  As we walked away, I looked back at Aaron and Justin rekindling their bromance that they developed over the past year, and Aaron winked at me.  I gave him a kissy face back, never imagining a year ago, that life would be this good.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post and it seems like this is a wrap up. For my own peace of mind, please correct "Sexist People at the Party" to read "SEXIEST People at the Party". Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....I always loved Aaron. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that time when you said you were coming back. And you wrote a post. But then disappeared again. You ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อตpg เว็บ ตรง เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ยอดฮิตทั่วทั้งโลก รับประกันจากผู้เล่นจริงว่ามีเกมสล็อตแตกง่ายมากที่สุด รวมทั้งด้วยความพิเศษจากผู้ให้บริการ พีจีสล็อต ที่เป็นเว็บอันดับ1

    ReplyDelete