Monday, August 31, 2015

Split Decision

A/N:  I wanted to try something a little differently, and wrote this split between Aleah and Aaron's views.  It has their name before each section they are narrating.  This won't happen often.  However, if you love it, let me know and I can try this in the future, or if you hated it, let me know that, too, and I'll stay far, far away from doing this ever again :)  ~A

~~~~~~~~

::aleah::

I recognized Tito from when I spilled that girl's drink accidentally.  I knew that this was my time to shine.  I had to for Aaron.  Although, really, for my own sake and safety, too.

I shot Tito an embarrassed look, which was more or less the truth, and turned to give Aaron one last hasty look, hoping it appeared full of lust.

I heard Tito compliment Aaron, and the sound of hands smacking together.  "Niiiice, 'Zo!"  I blushed.

Aaron responded, but I couldn't hear what he said.

~~~~~~~~

::aaron::

"Yeah.  Guess I just needed a good fucking," I responded to Tito, while I watched Aleah walk away.  She played it off good enough.  Hopefully Tito wouldn't question her as more than some girl I hooked up with.

He asked me something, but I was lost watching her turn the corner back into the bar.

"Pendejo!  I'm talking to you," Tito pushed my shoulder.  His way of getting my attention.  It wasn't violent, just not friendly.

"What?"

"That piece of ass that good, huh?  I asked if you got her number."

"Oh, right."  I started to see red, hearing Aleah referred to that way.  I took a deep breath, knowing this was just work, nothing personal."  "Yeah, she's hot, but there's a million more like her."

Tito scoffed.  "You looked at her different than you have any other bitch we've been around."

"Nah, man.  Just haven't hit it that hard in awhile."  I gave him a half grin and walked off, to get a drink and head back into the VIP.

~~~~~~~~

::aleah::

When I rounded the corner out of view of Aaron and Tito, I quickened my pace.  As much as I desired to be with Aaron and watch him, even from a distance, I had a bad feeling about Tito.  Based on that feeling and Aaron's warning, I needed to get out of there.  Especially, I needed to get Rosa and Quinn out of there before a chance run-in with Aaron.

When I got into the karaoke bar, Rosa and Quinn were belting out "Sweet Caroline" to the rest of the bar, everyone singing along loudly with their glasses raised.  Despite what had just happened, I smiled and laughed at their drunken singing.

I sought out Sarah.  I found her at a small round high top with several drinks on it, all at least half full.  The song was almost over.  I needed to hurry and I needed to have Sarah help me.  She had driven and was the least drunk of all of us.  "Sar, we need to get out of here."

"Why?" She looked at her phone.  "It's not even 1 yet."

I picked up one of the drinks, "Is this one of theirs?"

She nodded her head, looking at me strangely.  I started chugging the drink.  I finished it and put it on the table.  "We need to go.  Now."

She saw the look on my face and nodded her head, and started drinking her drink.  I picked up the other one and dumped a little bit of it into the now other 2 empty glasses, making them all next to empty.  Rosa and Quinn just got back to the table.

"Oh, we're out!  I'll get the next round," Rosa said excitedly. 

Sarah faked a yawn.  "Actually, we probably should get going.  I have to work in the morning and we still have an hour drive back to Lincoln."  Lie.  Not about the drive, but about her working.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Sarah.  I'm sorry!"  I was way over-acting.

Quinn nodded, seemingly empathetic.  "Oh yeah.  Sorry we kept you ladies out so late!  And thank you for driving, Sarah."

Rosa chimed in, "Yes, thank you.  Let's go.  It was so much fun!"

Their words were slightly slurred, but hopefully mine and Sarah's abrupt need to leave wouldn't seem so weird with the alcohol dulling their BS radars.

~~~~~~~~

::aaron::

I was back at the table and had been for a few minutes.  Gina was pulling her normal overly-flirty act with me, since Tito wasn't around.  I didn't fully understand their relationship.  He slept around with whoever he wanted, she seemed to know but didn't say anything.  I think she was content having whatever she wanted at her beck and call.  I was getting disgusted though, with her purposely rubbing her nipple over my arm.  Since her tiny shirt was see through.  Why the hell did she think that was attractive?  Even if I was looking for someone to hook up with, dressing like that only made me assume she was dripping with gonorrhea or the hiv.  Fucking nasty.

I sighed, exasperated.  "Where's your boyfriend, Gina."

"Eh, who cares.  He'll be back when he gets back," she said, as she turned, once again rubbing her chest against me. 

I stood up, done.  "Wait, where you going?" she asked.

I looked at her.  My mom would slap me if she heard me talk to a female the way I was about to.  "None of your fucking business, Gina.  I don't answer to you."

I walked out, in search of Tito.  Seeing Aleah, although it had initially made me happier than I've been since I said bye to her in Philadelphia, had just put me in a really bad mood.  I was angry, and I couldn't even pinpoint why.

~~~~~~~~

::aleah::

We were all out the door, almost to Sarah's car when I heard a voice yell out behind me. 

"Hey!  Hey, girl!"

I turned, and saw Tito jogging after us.

Just, no.

I stopped and turned to walk back to him, not wanting for any of the other three to hear whatever conversation was about to ensue.

I pretended to be super confused. "Can I help you?"

He smiled, slyly.  It sent shivers, and not the good kind, down my spine.  "My boy, Lorenzo, back there.  I think he wants your number, but was too shy to ask."

Internally, I froze, not sure what to do.  I decided to play hardball, instead.  I folded my arms over my chest.  "Well, if he wanted it so bad, he sure is doing a piss-poor job of asking for it."  Tito started to talk, but I quickly cut him off.  "Plus, he didn't seem so shy in the bathroom."

"Aw, come on.  He's a good-looking dude.  You wouldn't want to see him again?"

I knew then how to get him to leave it.  I shrugged my shoulders.  "He wasn't that good." And I walked away, my knees weak, and my legs shaking.

~~~~~~~~

::aaron::

I quick walked out to Tito, as I saw he and Aleah walking away from each other.  "Tito, wha's up?"

He grinned and nodded his head back at Aleah.  "I tried to get her number for you."

I clenched my fists.  "And?"

"She said you weren't any good!" he guffawed.  He kept walking back towards the bar, his back to me.

"That bitch," I said, though I was grinning like a proud parent having witnessed their child just score the winning touchdown.  I sent a silent "thank you" to Aleah, hoping if she somehow felt it, she would know it was for more than just this moment.

24 comments:

  1. Everyone,

    I'm going to start posting on Tuesdays, instead. I've been posting quite a few bonuses, and since I post them on Saturdays, I feel like Saturday to Monday is too short of a gap between the two. So to space it more out, Tuesday evenings are now going to be my new posting night!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just out of curiosity, does that mean you'll be positing tomorrow night!? I'm desperate to know where this is going!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I didn't!! I didn't have time. :(

      Delete
  2. Yeah!! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was perfect! It was the most appropriate exchange for what just went down. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously awesome post. Loved the dual perspective!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love!! And def can't wait for the next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovvvved it, definitely something I would enjoy reading again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I wasn't going to like the dual perspective (I don't know why) BUT I loved it!! Totally agree with another reader who said this was perfect for the exchange between them. I can't wait for the next post... I'm loving this storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally loved this!!! Gave the best of both worlds! I've missed Aaron's presence in the blog so much, so this was a really nice little glimpse into his new (hopefully) temporary "life."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved it. Feels like we get more of the story at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seemed a little choppy, there was a lot of back and forth, but I liked knowing what was going on with each of them. I love how Aleah was able to think fast on her feet. She responded to Tito in the best way to ward off any kind of suspicion. Especially since he notice Aaron looked at her differently. mum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really liked that! I'm getting scared something bad is going to happen! I really like where to you have taken this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it!!!! I was on the edge of my seat while reading. I knew Tito was looking for Aleah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked it! I feel like we don't know Aaron very well, so I've enjoyed his perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the dual perspective. It actually really works. I like it a lot better than one post of hers and then one of his duplicating the same events. Even though all of you do an amazing job of making the perspective posts feel like very different posts and not redundant (if that makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the dual perspective!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this...gave a good perspective from both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's no way something bad happens to Aaron and then Zach reappears in her life. Is there? I keep thinking it's headed this way. Ugh! mum

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this post and the ending was great!!

    ReplyDelete