Friday, October 24, 2014

LbA: Twerk-fest



“Together again!”

Maddie, Elena, Sarah, and I clinked our glasses of champagne in the back of the limo.  It had been months since we had all been able to hang out, just the four of us, and so I had convinced my aunt, Chloe, to drive us in a limo.  She owned a limo business, more as a hobby than because she needed the money.  My uncle Sam, her husband, traveled a lot for work, and so to occupy her time, she bought a failing luxury car rental/limo business and had turned it around.  I didn’t take advantage of her generosity often, but she was always telling me to call her if I wanted a special ride, so I decided tonight I would utilize it.  Especially because we were choosing to go to Omaha to peruse the various clubs/bars there, and it would provide for the perfect DD.

We all looked gorgeous, having taken the time to actually go all out.  I had put my hair into loose curls and left it down and bouncy.  I was wearing a berry and black Alice + Olivia cutout back dress and Burberry pointed toe suede booties.  We were laughing a lot and had put back a couple glasses of champagne each by the time we arrived at the first club.

We immediately headed to the bar and ordered a round of Purple Hooter shots along with our drinks.  I had told the girls I would use my card for a tab, and the next day we could split the amount between the four of us so we didn’t have to worry about cash or having multiple tabs.  I went with my new fave, Goose n’ tonic.  It wasn’t long before we were on the dance floor, our drinks sloshing along with our bouncing bodies.

Sarah grabbed my hand and “drunk whispered” in my ear that she needed to go to the bathroom, and started dragging me along with her.  We dance-wove through the crowd to the bathroom, which of course had a line of about 10 girls in front of us. 

Sarah was doing the adult potty dance, which blended in nicely with the girls that were still dancing in line.  “Sarah, I’m not going, so once we get in there, I can hold your drink.”

“But look at this line!” she slurred.  “You’ll have to go as soon as we get out.”

“No, listen!”  My intoxicated wisdom was emerging.  I leaned in closer to her, so my face was inches from hers.  “Once you break the barrier, the waterfall of pee will just keep coming and coming.  I am holding on to that barrier as long as I can.”  I nodded my head with drunken finality.

She giggled and rolled her eyes at me.  We finally made it through the line and emerged from the bathroom, and scanned the dance floor.  We didn’t see Elena or Maddie, so we headed back towards the bar.  There, we spotted Elena talking to the bartender.

“’Lena!” I yelled so she could hear me, once we were behind her.  She turned around.  “Where’s Maddie?  What are you doing?”

She held up her hands victoriously, producing two shots in each hand, and smiled broadly.  She handed Sarah and I each one.  She then responded, “She was on the dance floor!  Let’s find her, so we can do these.”

We squeezed our way through the ever-growing crowd to the edge of the dance floor.  We were peering around over people, trying to find Maddie’s head.  I felt a hand grip my upper arm tightly.  I looked and Elena was holding onto me, her eyes widened.  I followed her gaze to see Maddie, ass pushed up against some guy’s pelvis, pulling a Miley twerking on Robin.  I closed my eyes, embarrassed for her.  Although, the one redeeming quality is that her tongue was still safely tucked away in her mouth.  But still, completely out of character for her.  Even if she and Gavin weren’t together, that still would be unlike her.  She’s a little more reserved than Sarah and I.  And fiercely loyal to Gavin. 

I pointed out Maddie to Sarah, and then stomped (or wobbly walked) over to where she and the Mr. Thicke impersonator were.  As I closed in on their twerk-fest, I slowed down, appalled.  Guy’s right hand was on Maddie’s hip bone, dangerously close to her vajay.  His left hand lodged right under her left breast.  I was shocked she was allowing that kind of disrespect to Gavin, knowing how protective of their relationship she was.  I stormed forward and put my hand on guy’s shoulder, pushing him back; Sarah and Elena each grabbed one of Maddie’s arms and pulled her away. She attempted shaking them off of her.  “What are you doing?” she shrieked at the same time guy slurred, “What the fuck?”

I glared at him and turned my attention back to Maddie, following them off the dance floor.  “Guysss,” she whined.  “I was having fun!”

Elena shoved the almost-forgotten shot into Maddie’s hand, and we downed them before pushing her out of the door, outside.  It was getting cold, so although the alcohol was definitely dulling the chills, we still all had our arms wrapped around our bodies. 

Sarah shot, “Maddie, what do you think you’re doing?”

Maddie rolled her eyes.  “Having fun.  It is our girls’ night.”

Elena, being gentler and a little less brazen than Sarah and I, tried next.  “Maddie, what about Gavin?”

“He won’t care,” she sighed, again rolling her eyes.

I grabbed Maddie by the shoulders, and lined my head up with hers, forcing her to look me in the eyes.  “Maddie, you would be pissed if Gavin was up on some girl like you were just letting that guy be up on you.”

She steeled her gaze at me, and pursed her lips.  She sharply inhaled, and immediately her face fell, tears brimming her eyes.  I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and we ushered her back out to the limo, climbing in the back.  I sat right next to her, scratching her back while Elena handed her a bottle of water, and Sarah gave her some kleenex.  I quickly texted my aunt not to go anywhere, we just needed a minute.  I had somehow managed to remember I needed to go close the tab, but first I wanted to find out what was going on with Maddie.

Maddie sniffled a few times and finally whispered, “We broke up.”

It was probably a good thing that Maddie had her head down, staring at her hands, because the shock was evident on all of our faces.  Sarah asked, “Why?  When?”

Maddie wiped some tears with a kleenex and sadly said, “Yesterday.  I don’t know why.  I mean, the past couple of weeks we were fighting all the time.  Gavin was so... distant... the past month or so, and it was getting to me.  I had told him he was being selfish, and he claimed he wasn’t, that he just was really busy.”  She sniffed and then wailed, “But I don’t know why he was so busy!”

Sarah, Elena, and I looked at each other, confused.  Maddie continued, “So I broke up with him.  He wouldn’t even talk to me about my feelings, and I just felt so neglected.”

I figured she was all over the place due to the alcohol.  We had all drank quite a bit in a short amount of time.  None of us really knew what to say, except muttering condolences.  We were shocked, and knew that more would come out later on, when Maddie was sober.  After a few minutes, Maddie sheepishly grinned at us, remnants of tears still staining her cheeks.  “Sorry for ruining girls’ night.”

We all chimed in, “Oh no, Maddie, this is huge.  You didn’t ruin anything.  It’s okay.  We can go home if you want.”

“No, no.  I’m okay.” She whipped out a compact from her clutch and started wiping at the makeup on her face, fixing it.  “Let’s go to another club.  I promise I’ll keep it in my pants.”  We laughed with her.  She added, "I just want to keep my mind busy right now."

“Let me run in and close the tab, and I’ll be back.”  The sitting and situation had sobered me up a little, so I was able to now slowly jog in my pumps back up to the club.  I realized I didn’t have a stamp on my hand, and I didn’t want to pay cover again, just to close my tab.  After some innocent flirting and the batting of my long black lashes, he let me in, with a lingering gaze of my body.  I turned and rolled my eyes, strutting up to the bar.  I got the bartender’s attention, and closed out my tab.  I was looking at the total as I was walking out, trying to figure out how we spent almost $100 in an hour when I bumped into someone.   

“Excuse me,” I mumbled as I tried to step around them.

The guy moved his body to block me, and I looked up annoyed, but then recognition crossing my face.

“Aleah, right?” the guy asked.  His blue eyes pierced mine, captivating me.  I quickly looked up and down his muscular body, to appreciate his light blue button up and dark jeans, and how they fit his body tightly, hugging all the right places.  His dark hair was styled perfectly.

Although I recognized him, I couldn’t place him.  “Yeah... and for some reason, your name is escaping me, I apologize.”

He laughed a hearty, yet airy, laugh.  “That’s because I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced.  I’m Aaron.”  He smiled warmly, his eyes crinkling, sweetly.

“Hi, Aaron,” I said, sticking out my hand.  He grasped it, enclosing it in both of his.

“I work with Brad.  Brad Stratton?”  Ah... detective unknown.   Now a detective known.

I smiled, flirtatiously.  “Well, Aaron.  It was nice meeting you, I need to get going.”  I turned to walk away, him still holding my hand.  He gripped it tightly, and pulled me back to him, placing one of his hands on the small of my back.

He looked at me seriously, but was still genuinely smiling.  “Aleah, I really do hope to see you around.”  And with that he let go of my hand and disappeared into the crowd.

11 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I'm going to attempt to go back to posting twice a week. My goal is Mondays and Fridays. I'll let you know if for some reason a post will be late (or not up at all). I'm still single-parenting it right now, since SO is in old town (and I found out will be until probably February.. ugh). And I still have unpacking to do, but I've found that writing is not only normally a nice break for me, but it's kind of a release for the extra stressors I have. Soo... it's a win/win for all of us :)

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterOctober 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM

    Nice post, and interesting running into "detective unknown" I mean, Aaron.

    That dress you had the link to... WOW! Glad you all had fun on your night out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Aaron will be a new type of character for Aleah to deal with.

      And I absolutely adore that dress. We did have a blast for sure!

      Delete
  3. Loved this post and so glad that you're gonna try to post 2x a week. I'm excited to read more. I have a question - what happened to Life by Zach? Is that writer not posting anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) there will be more to come soon! And LbZ's post is up now.

      Delete
  4. Just a continuity note: Aaron had blonde hair when he was introduced earlier. Now it's dark...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thanks for catching my error :) your memory is better than mine! I usually keep notes about how I described someone but for some reason I didn't on him so I assumed I hadn't and I didn't go back to check. Again, thanks and I'll go back and change the old one :)

      Delete
    2. It helps that I was sick on Thursday and read this blog in one gulp. That being said ARGH! Frustrating! The one good piece of recent advice I have heard Aleah given is to learn to be alone with herself for a decent chunk of time. Seriously. She is pretty girl spoiled for choice of men, but it seems that is her real validation. Phooey on that. She should focus on growing herself. As for Zach--wanna SLAP that guy. Saying that they will be together if it is meant to happen? Telling he loves her and going all hearts and flowers and then just walking away? He is a commitment phobe of the first order. People do long distance all the time. People do graduate school while in serious relationships all the time. Aleah has no current post grad plans so she is mobile. They could easily make it work if they were serious. And I seriously doubt that time will make them closer. Aleah already saw a picture of Zach on Social Media with Beth. If it were me, I'd and a guy did that I'd be jealous as all Hell and assume that his saying he loved me was a lie. And what will Zach think if he hears that Aleah does date someone else seriously? He could lose her forever. Aleah need to reflect inward and Zach needs to either get his head on straight of just truly leave Aleah alone. There is no random "meant to be"--meant to be means commitment to a decision and creating what you want in a relationship not just letting it happen. OK, I am stepping off the soapbox now.

      Delete
    3. Your comment made me laugh (I know it wasn't mean to be funny). Because, since this blog is loosely based on my real life, I completely agree with your view of Aleah. (And let me say, if I really wrote about exactly everything that happened in college, you'd want to slap me, too!) Sadly, a lot of females (predominantly younger-ish, but not always) seek for validation from males. And I agree, it's ridiculous. I promise there will be changes in Aleah. And hopefully for the better. ;) But you'll have to wait for the growth, whereas, I already know the end result! But thank you for all of the thoughts. I appreciate well thought out comments!

      And you have some valid points about Zach, too. I think the reason they are both just kind of letting it go, is more because since they really broke up due to distance when they first entered college, they don't want that to happen again.

      Delete