Wednesday, December 24, 2014

LbA: WTF



I was eyeing Amanda suspiciously, as she got up and walked to the bathroom, leaving Amber at the table with all of us.  Except Chase.  Who coincidentally had just gone to the bathroom about 3 minutes prior. 
I could see the door to the hallway where the bathrooms were from the high top we were gathered around.  I frowned as I saw her disappear into the hallway, anticipating Chase’s return.

I went back to talking to Lexi.  We were discussing going Black Friday shopping together.  I normally don’t shop on Black Friday.  There is nothing that is worth getting up that early (or ruining my family time on Thanksgiving night)for that I won’t happily pay for full price.  And to not have to deal with the crowds?  Priceless.  All of my friends know that, so they don’t ask.  But Lexi apparently had exhausted all of her options and no one wanted to go.  She wanted to go around 3 in the morning Friday.  In my drunken state, I thought this was a great idea and told her I’d happily accompany. 

By the time we figured out where to meet and where we were going to go, I looked around and saw neither Chase, nor Amanda, had come back from the bathroom.  “I’m going to the bathroom,” I said to no one in particular as I stood up and pushed my way through the crowd back to the bathroom. 

I made it to the hallway and saw no sign of either of them.  I busted into the women’s bathroom, and there was only one girl, sobbing and trying to fix her makeup in the mirror.  I rolled my eyes and turned to leave.  But my conscience got the best of me and I approached her cautiously.  “Are you okay?”

She sniffled loudly.  “Yes, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, cocking my head.

She started sobbing harder.  I internally groaned.

“My... my boyfriend (hiccup) was... (sniff) flirting with (wipes tears, smearing mascara more)... with the... (blows nose) the bartender!” She finished with a wail.

I immediately flipped the switch into drunk girl sympathetic mode.  Not that it was hard, since the room was spinning for me, as well.  But she was killing my drunken happiness.  “Oh.  My Gosh.  What a dick.  Are you sure?  Was she flirting back?”

“He... he handed her money (sniff) and then... (hiccup) and then he touched her hand with his.”
I stood there in silence, waiting for her to continue.  But she didn’t.

My patience quickly wore out.  “Wait, what?”  I grabbed the edge of the sink to steady myself.  “That’s it?”
Her eyes got wide and she turned to look at me.  She looked like she was going to fall over the edge of horror into despair, so I quickly changed my approach.  “I mean... girl, you are so beautiful!  I’m sure it was an accident and he didn’t mean it!”

She meekly asked, “Are you sure?”

I nodded my head enthusiastically.  “Oh yes.  I’m sure it was an accident, at most.  He’d have to be an idiot to not solely be focused on you!”

She lunged at me, wrapping her arms around me, almost knocking us both over.  She thanked me loudly and sniffled again.  I half smiled and pushed her out at arm’s length, to keep her from snotting all over me.
I decided to actually use the bathroom while I was in there.  After I escaped, I marched out back to where the group was, and noticed that some of them were missing.  Chase and Amanda still being two of them.  WTF.

Then I heard very loud, slurred music.  I turned, just becoming aware that the bar had Karaoke happening.  And there was Snoop.  Living it up.

He wasn’t too bad... but I’m sure the alcohol wasn’t helping his cause at the moment.  Male Model, Jack, and Lexi were still at the table.  I went and asked if they knew where everyone else was.  I received an obvious point towards the Karaoke mic at Snoop.  MMA and Amber were both up there, I could see their heads, looking through the book of song choices.  But that still left Amanda and Chase as MIA.

I asked if they knew where Chase was and they all shrugged their shoulders.

I maneuvered my way to the bar and didn’t see them.  I went back out to the main door, and saw Chase standing by the door, through the window, leaning against the window.  It looked like he was by himself, as he was looking off in the distance away from the door.  I pushed through the first set of doors, but stopped before going through the second.  Chase was standing really close to the door, but I realized then that he wasn’t alone.  Amanda must have been along the outdoor wall, where I couldn’t see through the window.  But I could hear their voices.  Or at least hers...  So I did what any normal human would do.  I strained to listen, standing up against the side of the door by the crack, but where neither of them could see me through the window.

“I know that, Chase, but I really miss you.”

“I’ve told you, already *muffled* and there’s a reason why we didn’t work out before.”

“We’re both older and more mature, now.”

“Amanda, I’m *muffled*.

I could hear the frustration rising in her voice.  “But how long have you two been dating and you still haven’t made it official?  Don’t you think that raises some red flags for you?”

Chase loudly said, “Amanda, just because it isn’t official yet doesn’t mean I don’t care about her and don’t want it to be.  I’m just waiting for the right time.  Why am I even explaining this to you?  Why can’t you just let it go?  Let me go?”

“Just, give it some thought.  I really think that we could make it work, if we started dating again, now.”

I’d had enough and decided now was a good time to interrupt them.  I pushed the door open and walked through, looking at where they were standing. 

Except they weren’t just standing there anymore... Amanda had moved and pressed her body against Chase’s, and I was just in time to see her push her lips against his.

5 comments:

  1. Oh ew. I know that he's probably gonna push Amanda away or whatever, but if he really wasn't into her, he shouldn't have let her get that close to him in the first place. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think it's a little weird he was missing for so long, if he knew Amanda wanted him still he shouldn't have agreed to talk to her alone, part of me wonders if they were making out and she pushed for more then benefits and that's when he started to say no

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase is not over her either. I agree with the other two people before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... I'm still on Team Aaron..

    http://sluttyisthenewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree, he is not 100% over Amanda and since chase and her are not 'official' I'm dying to know if he'll kiss her back before they see her or what. Can't wait

    ReplyDelete