Tuesday, March 18, 2014

That pong pong pong pong pong



I’m not proud to admit this, but when I saw Luke, I hid my head behind the flowers.  I prayed that he wouldn’t notice me.  I was sitting by the wall that the door is on, so when he walked in, back to the counter to order, his back was to me.  I peeked around the flowers and saw his back was definitely to me.  I saw Elena glance up at me, and start pointing stuff out on the menu.  She raised her eyebrows at me and I took that as my cue to run.  I gently put the vase on my passenger seat and got ready to leave when I realized that Luke’s car was parked right next to mine.  I sighed audibly.  Clearly, he would know this is my car, as we had discussed it, and he knows what I drive.  I slammed my hands down on the steering wheel and got back out of my car.  I slowly dragged my feet into the coffee shop, still holding my drink, and saw Luke was still standing at the counter, ordering.  I briskly walked back out to my car, grabbed a text book from the floor of my car and ran back in, opening it and sitting back down at the table. 

“Aleah!”  I heard Luke happily call out to me.

I looked up and tried to appear surprised.  “Oh!  Luke!  Hey!”

“Whatcha’ studying?”

I half closed the book to show the cover, “Um… Anatomy.”

“You’re in an anatomy class?”

“Oh, no… it’s a friend’s… I was going to be meeting her and giving it back to her…”  At least that much was true, although I didn’t realize it at the time.  It must’ve been Cara’s.  She’s pre-med and I had given her a ride home from practice.  I really did need to get it back to her, I just didn’t know I had it to begin with.

“Oh, right.  So what happened yesterday?  I thought you were going to call me!”

“I’m sorry, I got distracted and then was tired and fell asleep.  I really am sorry.”

“It’s okay.  What are you doing this weekend?  Could I take you out?  The new 300 movie is out, and I really want to see it!”

“Oh my gosh, me too!  300 is definitely in my top 3 movies.  Yes, let’s do it!”  I only felt slightly guilty for blowing him off the previous night and not telling him about Zach.  But I justified it by saying we weren’t exclusive, so I didn’t owe him anything.

We went to the move on Saturday night.  It was so good.  Not nearly as good as the first one, in my opinion, but I have a huge issue in sequels when the same actors aren’t in them.  And I understand Leonidas died in the first one, so it isn’t as if they could bring him back to the life in the second.  But it’s just how I feel.  Anyhow, really good, and definitely worth the watch.

Afterwards, he took me back to his house.  He lives in a house with 5 other guys from school.  We were hanging out, watching TV, chatting.  Soon, multiple people started showing up.  Apparently they were having a party, and Luke didn’t know about it.  They were teasing him that if he didn’t spend all of his time with his head in the clouds, maybe he would have known.  I don’t know if they were referring to his height, daydreaming about me, or both.  Luke took me back to his room that he shares with another guy, Nate.  He locked the door and we were laying on his bed, talking.  I had my hands resting behind my head, lying on my back.  My shirt had risen up so my stomach was showing.  He was lying on his side, propping his head up with his right hand and tracing circles around my belly button, lightly tickling me with his left.

“So you know I have a thing for girls that are in shape, right?”  He asked me.

“Girls, as in plural, huh?”  I teased.

“Or maybe just a girl, as in you.”  He blushed.  I didn’t even know he blushed, as usually it’s me doing the turning red.

He bent down and lightly kissed my stomach, trailing his tongue down to where the top of my low-rise jeans were.  He stopped then and brought his head back up.

“I’m really starting to like you, you know.”  He said it so nonchalantly.  As if it was casual conversation.

I smile lightly flitted across my face.  “Hmm… tell me more.”

“Your eyes, they’re so pure and honest.  I just get sucked into them.  And your lips…” He stopped to gently kiss me, letting it last a second longer than it needed to.  He sighed. “Your lips, I can barely resist from kissing.  Then you’ve got this ridiculously hilarious personality that needs to have someone keep it in check!  And your body…”  He trailed off, running his pointer finger from hip bone to hip bone, along my bare skin.  It gave me goose bumps and made me shiver.  He smiled at that.  He put his hand on my hip, tucking one of his fingers through a belt loop on my jeans and leaned down to kiss me.  He started off slowly kissing me, tenderly, as if to tease me, but they quickly got more intense and heated.  I rolled my body more to facing him and wrapped a leg over him.  He hand unhooked itself from my belt loop and moved down to grip my butt.  He started moving his hand lower, to my thigh, just under my butt, when we heard BANG BANG BANG. 

“Dude, Luke, come on, let me in!”  I heard Nate getting frustrated.  I opened my eyes, and grinned, then started laughing.  Luke rolled his eyes. 

“Roommates,” he muttered.  I took my leg off of him and leaned back on the bed.  Luke got up and went to the door and let Nate in. 

Nate snickered.  “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything!  I forgot my lucky beer pong hat.  I’m undefeated in it.”  He grabbed this ugly green plastic visor off his desk.

It was my turn to roll my eyes.  Nate was about to walk out when he stopped.  “Aleah, any good at beer pong?  Or are you only good at stealing my roomie’s attention?”  He smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him.  “Bring it on.”

2 comments:

  1. Aleah has a good friend in Elena, but was also very lucky to avoid an uncomfortable situation with Luke even though she doesn't have to explain anything to him.
    I can't wait to see the new 300. I heard it was good, but I don't think I'll like it as much as the first one.
    I like the chemistry between Luke & Aleah. And wondering how far things would have gone if Nate didn't interrupt. That being said, I'm still team Zach.
    I just got to say that I enjoy reading this blog & look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elena is a very good, and dear friend. She and Aleah know each other like the back of their hands.

      I actually haven't seen the new 300, but really want to! I do love the first one, definitely in my top fave movies.

      Yes, chemistry abounds for Luke and Aleah, and Zach and Aleah. I think that NYC will be a huge decision making time for Aleah regarding both of those relationships and where they're going to go, at least short term, anyway.

      And thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

      Delete