Friday, April 4, 2014

Lover and Friends



“And I love you such an infinite amount,” Zach continued, seemingly unconcerned with the expression of lingering shock on my face.  He opened the box, reaching across the table, to put it closer to me, revealing a magnificent platinum ring, with tiny round diamonds over the top half of the band and a mounted aquamarine.  I audibly sighed, relieved.  Zach looked at me strangely, hearing that, but then concluded, “No matter what happens with us, or where we are, I want you to always remember me, and us, and how you deserve someone who will treat you better than they treat themselves.”

I beamed and my eyes filled with tears.  “Oh Zach… I couldn’t possibly take that ring from…” I trailed off, seeing the concern fill his eyes.  “What’s wrong?

“You don’t like it?”

“Oh good grief, Zachary!  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I just know it wasn’t cheap, especially being from Tiffany’s.”

“Aleah… Please.  We both don’t know where we’ll end up, but for now, right here, I want you to know that I love, and always will in some capacity.  And this is a token of my love for you.”  His expression had turned serious and his eyes were insistent. 

I held out my right hand to him, and he slipped the ring on my ring finger.  It fit perfectly, and sparkled, catching the dim lighting.  “Oh Zach,” I whispered.  “Thank you.”

He leaned over the table, and kissed me.  It was deeper than it should have been, and lasted a moment longer than it should have, for sitting in a classy restaurant.  He put his hand on the side of my face and said, “Check?”

I nodded slightly.  He caught the eye of our waiter and asked for the check, then paid.  We left, hurriedly, and we hailed a cab, to get back to the hotel. 

Once in our room, he turned to me and kissed me deeply, letting the tip of his tongue slowly twirl mine.  He unzipped my skirt, letting it fall to the floor.  I pulled up his sweater; he lifted his arms, and broke our kiss just long enough for me to lift his sweater over his head.  He took my shirt off quickly, too.  I undid his belt, and next his button on his pants, and unzipped them, feeling his arousal through his boxer briefs against my hand.  I tugged on his pants, and they fell to the ground.  He stepped out of his shoes and pants, at the same time.  I moved his body around and gently pushed him so he would move to lying down on the bed.  I pulled his boxer briefs down, and took my still heeled foot, and pulled them off the rest of the way.  I took him in my mouth, and heard him breath out, moaning just audibly.  I took my time, pleasing him, feeling myself getting hot with how turned on he was.  I felt his body start tensing up, as he was about to reach the point of no return.  I let go of him, and climbed on top, straddling him.  He took one finger and slid my panties to the side.  I grabbed him and guided him to the right spot and pushed down quickly, having him enter me fully.  He threw his head back and sighed.  I leaned forward, riding him, while also hitting the perfect spot for me on his pelvis.  He had one hand on my hip and another on my breast, squeezing and massaging.  One of my hands was on the bed next to his face, and the other was on his shoulder and I was digging my nails in.  It wasn’t long before I was climaxing, and could feel the same from him.  He started thrusting harder and faster from under me, moaning, as I cried out his name.  I folded my body down on to his, exhausted, yet peaceful.  He enveloped me after that, and we lay there, panting, until our breath slowed down.  We adjusted so he was on his back, and I was laying on my side, one leg crossed over his, and my right hand resting on his chest, my head on his shoulder.  I laid like that, admiring the twinkling of the ring in the light peeking through the curtains of the room, until my eyes were so heavy, and I fell asleep.

Friday morning and afternoon, unfortunately to have to report, was rather boring.  He and I had both brought along schoolwork, and due to staying in New York later than I had anticipated, and not doing any homework thus far, we studied.  He had a lot more to do than I did, since he’s pre-med.  So when I was done (or maybe just bored) I went to the workout facility and ran 4 miles, and then vegged out and watched some television.  After I got bored with that, I took a nap, assuming that it would be a late night out with Elisabeth.  When I woke up, we had about two and a half hours until we needed to leave for 230 Fifth.  I decided to start getting ready, and that way I would be able to take my time.

Zach was in the sitting area of our room writing a paper regarding (what I’m assuming was) something medical.  I cleared it with him to play music while I was getting ready, and he said he didn’t have a problem with it.  I have a random mix of music on my phone.  The first song that started playing was “Holy Grail” by Jay Z and Justin Timberlake.  While I was showering, I pretended that I was an awesome rapper/singer and went along with them, the best I could.  Of course during Jay Z’s portion, I missed about every third word, but hey, I gave it my all!

After showering, I gave myself a quick pedicure, painting my toe nails an emerald green color.  My outfit I had decided to wear already was black and white, so I thought a pop of color on my nails would be perfect.  I also decided to paint my fingernails clear.  I hated having color on my fingernails because I felt like they chipped immediately, every time.  I lay on the bed singing “E.T.” by Katy Perry, while I waited for my nails to dry.  Every once in awhile I would hear Zach chuckle under his breath at me, and my horrific singing ability.  Once they were dry, I started blow drying my hair.  By this time, we had about an hour and a half before we had to leave.  I knew Zach wouldn’t take nearly as long as me to get ready.  But, I also knew that when he got in the zone with studying, he would lose track of time.  I figured at around 6:00 p.m., I would let him know what time it was, and we had an hour before takeoff.  I finished blow drying my hair and had decided to go with a deep side part, and loose ringlet curls.  I finished it off by pulling my hair into a very loose, messy, side pony tail.  With my hair being so long, it fell down to my breast over my right shoulder.  I jumped then as Zach walked passed me, smacking my butt on his way into the shower.  I looked at my phone and saw it was 6:10.  Oops.  I still needed to do my makeup and get dressed.  All I had on at this point was a nude colored lace thong.  I did my makeup with really think black eyeliner and a smoky eye with understated green shadow as the top layer.  It looked sexy.  I used multiple coats of mascara on my top and bottom lashes so they appeared very long and full.  I kept the rest of my makeup natural colored, with clear gloss on my lips.  Zach was out of the shower.  Just as I finished with the mirror, Zach stepped in front of it, and was putting product in his hair, giving it a messy, but finished, look.

I pulled on my white super skinny True Religion jeans, and a black ruffled silk top with a tiny white flower pattern.  I sat on the bed to put on my new Manolo Blahnik thick, black ankle strapped, open toe heels.  It had been a gorgeous day outside, when I had ran to get fast food for Zach and I at lunch, but nighttime was still cool, so I also put on a black fitted mandarin collar jacket.  I went into the bathroom to check myself out, and smiled.  I approved of myself.  I heard Zach whistle and turned to look and said, “Wow!”  He looked hot!  Zach was wearing a steel gray fitted button down, and dark jeans, with black loafers.  He was tying a black skinny tie.  

He walked over to me as he was finishing tying his tie, and then wrapped his arms around me, letting his hands graze down to my butt.  He gently kissed me, and then wrinkled his nose.  “Do I have stuff on my lips?  Are they sparkly or pink or anything?”

I laughed.  “No.  All I have on is clear gloss.”  I wiped at his lips, to wipe any shiny gloss off of his lips. 
“You look stunning.”

I grinned sweetly at him, “Thank you.  And you look so handsome!”  I straightened his tie, lightly kissed him, and told him we needed to go.  I gave Zach my credit card, and ID, so I wouldn’t have to carry anything, except my phone.

We arrived at 230 Fifth at 7:25 p.m.  Which was probably more Zach’s doing than mine, since I seem to have an impeccable ability to arrive late everywhere.  All the time.  When we arrived, we rode the elevator up to the penthouse.  When we stepped out, I was in shock of how amazing it was.  We walked around the lounge, looking around, in awe of how awesome everything was.  There were windows around the outside, showing a beautiful view of the New York City skyline.  As we wandered, I saw stairs and assumed they led to the rooftop bar.  We went up the stairs, and exited onto the rooftop.  I gasped when I saw the view of the Empire State Building.  “This is amazing!” I whispered to Zach.  There was music playing in the background, but I didn’t really zone in on it, as I was distracted by the view.  Zach linked fingers with me, and started leading me past some areas that appeared to be reserved.  He led me up to a bar, and I was still looking around, mesmerized by the skyline.  Zach had his arm around me, as he was looking around, too.

I heard some talking and saw some people approaching out of the corner of my eye.  I turned to see Elisabeth walking towards Zach and me followed by an attractive man who appeared to be holding her hand protectively.  Elisabeth looked like a model, confidently striding towards us.  I smiled broadly at Elisabeth, who returned the sentiment, and I bent down to give her a hug.  In my heels I was about 5’11” and Elisabeth was wearing a pair of beautiful gladiator heels that I momentarily was lusting after, but still was at least 3” shorter than me.  Elisabeth apologized for being late, though I really hadn’t noticed, due to taking in the surroundings, and introductions were made all around. 

Elisabeth’s male friend, Lukas, ordered a round of raspberry mojitos for all of us, and toasted us to new friends and a great night.  At first, all four of us were chatting together, talking about Zach and I being from Nebraska, and how we were vacationing here on spring break together.  We talked a little bit about Elisabeth and Lukas’ lines of work.  The conversation moved on to sports, where I was talking about playing tennis at UN.  Lukas and Zach then started talking about March Madness.  While I wanted to join in the bracket talk, I was more interested in learning about Elisabeth.

She apologized again, which I waved her off, as I wasn’t upset at all.  She complimented me on my outfit, which I absolutely loved.  Everyone knows that females actually dress for other females.  Males dress for comfort, but females dress to impress each other.  Talking with Elisabeth was natural, and it felt like talking to an old friend.  She was so intriguing, with how professional she was.  “Elisabeth, have you always lived in New York?” I asked, truly interested.

For a second she paused, as if debating on how much to actually tell me.  I had heard that people in New York tended to be less trusting of other people, in general, so I was guessing she was just being cautious.  “I’m a native New Yorker, born and raised on Long Island.  I went to college at NYU and after graduation, I moved to Los Angeles with my then boyfriend and found an awesome job selling high grade bonds at an investment bank.  I was there for about four years, when I decided I needed a change of scenery, so I moved back to New York about four months ago.  I just started a job at SIB, selling bonds and I’m working on getting my life back on track.”  She smiled assuredly. 

“You and Lukas seem so comfortable with each other.  Is that whom you had moved to Los Angeles with?”
She immediately shook her head no and explained that she had met Lukas at speed dating, and they had only been dating a couple of months, and weren’t serious.  I raised my eyebrows in surprise, because they seemed like they had been together for a long time, and were actually together.  But I was curious about speed dating.  I’d heard of it, but never experienced it for myself, so I asked Elisabeth about it.  She explained her experience to me.  Very intriguing, but not anything I think that I would do, I thought.  Maybe someday, but definitely not in my immediate future.

“Based on how you talk about Lukas, it seems you really care about him a lot.  Do you want a relationship with him?”  I knew that it may have been inappropriate to ask, but I was curious, plus I don’t have much of a censor.

She smiled, and it looked as though she may have blushed slightly, but due to the lighting, I couldn’t tell for sure.  “Honestly, I am enjoying each moment with Lukas and at times I do wonder if we should have the dreaded ‘talk,’ but at the same time, why ruin a good thing?  I just got out of a long term relationship and I don’t want to rush things, but I do like Lukas a lot.”  It was only fair when Elisabeth then asked me about Zach.

I sighed.  “Zach and I dated for about four years, throughout most of high school and the beginning of college.  But we broke up, freshman year, due to distance.  I dated someone else for a couple years after that, but we recently reconnected.  We care about each other a lot, and I couldn’t imagine him not being in my life, but I think we both feel the timing is wrong, and if we were to get back together, we would end again, because of distance.”

Elisabeth responded affirmatively, and shared some of her insight and wisdom, having been in college.  She suggested really enjoying the college experience, and regretting not doing that for herself, as she was in a relationship the whole time.  I really like what she had to say, and felt that she was someone I could probably open up to, and ask for advice about Luke.  “Well, I’ve also been seeing someone else, Luke.  He seems to be a really good guy.  We get along really well.  My heart still deeply belongs to Zach, but Luke is readily available, since he’s at Nebraska with me.  And I know that sounds bad, but I do like him.  I just really am not sure what to do, because I think I’m still secretly holding out for Zach, though I know it’s the wrong time.” I subconsciously brought my hand up close to my face and started spinning the ring Zach had given me, on my finger.  I could tell this was going to become a comfort action, for me.

She made me feel better by telling me what I was already thinking, that if Zach and I are meant to be, we will come back together at some point.  We then moved on to other topics.  We talked about tennis a little more, I told her about my roommates, and shopping.  I started telling her about the places I had visited when Zach and I had gone shopping earlier in the week when Elisabeth’s phone started vibrating a couple of times.  She apologized, but I told her to check her phone.  I know in the middle of the conversations checking your phone can be considered rude, but we were out casually, so as long as she wasn’t on it ignoring me, I didn’t find it to be rude.  While she was reading her text message I looked over at the guys.  They seemed to be deep in conversation.  I smiled at how serious their expressions appeared to be.  Zach was only a few inches taller than Lukas, but both were extremely handsome men.  They weren’t right beside us, and I noticed a few cougars checking them out.  I guessed Lukas to be about Elisabeth’s age.  When I looked back to Elisabeth, her face was scrunched up with a look of concern.  “Everything okay?” I asked.

She took a deep breath and said, “One of my best friends just broke up with his psycho girlfriend and is a little down.”  It seemed there was more to the story, but I didn’t’ want to pry.  She looked back at her phone and texted something quickly, then looked back at me.  “I’m so sorry for how rude I’m being.  How have you been enjoying New York so far?”

I told her all about everything we had done to this point.  I told her I wouldn’t have a lot of time to do anything else because we were flying back to Nebraska tomorrow.  Elisabeth said, “What is there to do out in Nebraska?  I’ve never been there, but what I imagine is a lot of farms and corn.”  She laughed as she said that, and I joined in.

“Yeah, I hear that a lot!  And trust me, there is a lot of corn and farms in Nebraska, pretty much west of Lincoln and Omaha that’s what you’re going to see a lot of.  However, although not as big, or as many options, Omaha and Lincoln are growing and have bars, clubs, some museums, though not nearly as extensive or as many.  Omaha has a zoo that I really like.  Compared to New York, there isn’t really a lot to do.  However, what we have that you New Yorkers don’t is the football team!  We love our Huskers out there.  We definitely bleed red!”  I was happy to see her smile, and that she caught on I was saying that figuratively, based on the school’s color.  We then started giggling at a cougar that was pouncing on some unsuspecting mid-20’s man.  Zach and Luke then approached us about going to get something to eat.

At first they were discussing going to Parea, Michael Symon’s restaurant.  I was so excited to eat there, since I’ve seen him on tv, but when we arrived, it was closed.  Elisabeth then suggested a restaurant called Barbounia.  As we walked, Elisabeth pointed out various restaurants and landmarks, telling Zach and I about them.  Zach held my hand, protectively, as we walked through the streets. 

We were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant, surrounded by beautiful lightly playing music, and dancing candlelight.  After Lukas ordered wine for the table, Elisabeth and I headed to the bathroom.  At first I paused, and was confused, because there was only one bathroom door.  I started swiveling my head back and forth, trying to find signs to show male and female.  Elisabeth paused at the door and saw my confusion and explained they only have one bathroom with stalls inside.  I nodded, but thought it was quite strange.  After relieving ourselves, we headed back to the table to see Zach and Lukas leaned towards each other, talking quietly.  I tried straining to hear what they were saying, but they were too quiet.  Then, they spotted us and immediately stopped talking.  Suspicious.  But we sat down, and I started perusing the menu, hearing my stomach growling, and realizing for the first time this evening, how hungry I really was.



*Author's Note:  Please go check out Elisabeth's perspective at crazyadventuresinny.blogspot.com!  Both Arianna and I hope you are enjoying their crossed path stories!  And thank you everyone for reading.*

12 comments:

  1. *Side note: For those that first read, I apologize because I had a momentary formatting issue where the text was unreadable. It should be fixed now*

    Carry on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I just wanted to say that I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. I LOVE the crossover idea, too....

    ...Makes me want to get back into writing on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I appreciate the sweet words :)

      If you do... let me know so I can check it out!!

      Delete
  3. I loved it... So happy there was a bonus post.. I can't wait to see what the guys were talking about??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new post is now up, so if you haven't already read Elisabeth's side, you'll find out shortly :)

      Delete
  4. Exceptional writing. At this time we are very busy own working. There is very short time for entertainment. This time is appropriate for sleeping. This author don not watch TV before blogging. It is one type good news.

    breast lift tape

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will you post the follow up? Arianna already posted hers and I wanted to read Aleah's side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it was delayed. My intention was to have it up yesterday, but due to work, and being on-call for work, I wasn't able to get my finished up to my standards by then. But, it's up now, and I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  6. I found your blog from the crossover. I like it. Maybe I'm use to arianna responding to comments and expected that here as well. I came here to read aleah half but you haven't posted yet. I understand the pressures of life but I feel that you are leaving us hanging. It's up to the reader to figure out when a new post is available. Other blogs have schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do try to respond to comments. I try within a couple of days, but sometimes (like in this case) I just don't have the time. I hadn't posted due to my work the past several days. I've been on-call for work, and didn't have time to really check in and respond, or to write my post to the level that I wanted it to be before publishing it. I'm sorry you felt like you were left hanging.

      You're right, other blogs to have a schedule. However, mine doesn't. Multiple people have asked about it, and I have the same answer. I don't want to promise to do something that I know that I can't do. I'm a person of my word, even in the world of on-line blogging, and don't want to say I will do something, when I can't commit to it long term. What I promise my readers is 2-3 posts per week. I am sorry that I can't commit to which days. Due to my job (and sometimes being on-call), having a baby at home, and her father working opposites of me, so I'm alone at night with her, I just don't have the ability to commit to a time table. Maybe as she gets older I can, but at the present, I cannot. I hope you understand.

      But thank you for reading, I value my readers' opinions and thoughts!

      Delete
  7. Husker football definitely beats New York any day! Though my Yankees, the shopping and the pizza do come close. I only just started reading your blog today and am hooked! I love reading a blog that takes place here in Lincoln. You represent Nebraska, Lincoln and UNL so well and I love reading a blog that actually talks about places I frequent regularly. And hey, as a UNL student myself, I'm sure Aleah, or any people she and her friends are based on, have crossed paths somehow!

    ReplyDelete